Hurray! We finally have internet again. We decided to go ahead and get satellite internet from Hughes internet. Since we haven't had internet for over 6 months I have a ton of pictures I want to post so I will probably be doing a lot of catch up posts in the next couple of weeks.
We have now been living on a ranch in south east Oregon for over 3 months. We really like living out here but it is definitely different from life in Rexburg. We live right next to the rim of the Steens mountains. Deer are frequent visitors in our yard, and it is neat to see them out the kitchen window. Our closest neighbors live 4 miles down the road. We can't see any other houses from our place, which is definitely different from living in an apartment in Rexburg. Brandon leaves for work before seven in the morning and usually gets home around dark. He rides his horse all day almost everyday moving cows, doctoring cows, and some roping. He loves it. They also work in the corrals quite a bit. The ranch is over a million acres. So the only people who really live around here work on this ranch or a neighboring ranch. The closest grocery store is 85 miles away. Church is around 70-75 miles where we attend a branch. The closest Wal-mart is actually in Winemucca Nevada and it takes us a little over 2 hours to get there. So I'm definitely starting to learn the true meaning of stocking up and food storage. The grade school is 26 miles away and is a k-8 school, which currently has 12 students in all the grades combined. It's a actually a really nice little school, with a gym, playground, and everything. There are 2 teachers 1 for k-3 and 1 for 4-8. Kolby won't start school for 2 or 3 years. Which I'm grateful for because I'm not ready to drive him everyday, because the school doesn't have a school bus.
Kolby is doing really well and still getting into everything, he is starting to talk a lot more, and we are working on getting him potty trained. He now loves nursery which is a welcome change, because we used to have a hard time getting him to go.
Cooper will be 8 months old this month. He is crawling and lifting himself up on things. He always trying to keep up with Kolby and crawls after him all day. He is a really happy easy going baby most of the time. I will be posting more pictures of him soon!
December
11 months ago



5 comments:
It's so good to hear from you! It sounds like everything is going great for your little family. I don't think Eliza and I could make it without having a Walmart ten mins. away. We go at least twice a week!
Wow! Living in the Seattle suburbs it's hard to believe there is still land out there that isn't completely populated by people. I wish Nathan had that much space to run around and get his energy out! and your family pictures are fantastic!!! I'm glad you have internet now, that would make me crazy :)
YAY for internet!!! I didn't realize the ranch was so big!! I hope that we can come visit you this spring!
I MISS YOU!!!!
Sounds sooooo wonderful! I wish we were there with you guys. I would love to have such a small school for Emmaline to attend. How I miss the good ole days of ranch life! Can not wait till we are out on a ranch ourselves!!! love you guys-hope you are well. We need to come see you!
Post a Comment