Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We're having a girl!



Yesterday was my 20 week ultrasound. Brandon was able to come home from work early to come with us. We brought Kolby and Cooper with us because I wanted them to be there to see the baby on ultrasound machine. The technician was kind of concerned that we had kids there with us and said they would have to go out in the hall if they got too rowdy or wild. But amazingly they both sat on Brandon's lap the entire time (almost an hour) and only whispered. I thought it must be miracle or a huge blessing from God because we can't even get them to be that quiet in church. Finally when the ultrasound was almost over the ultrasound technician commented on how good they were being and Brandon said, "Oh, that's because I told them the doctor would give them a shot if they got too noisy" we all laughed because it now all made sense how unnaturally quiet they were being. The boys were also excited to see the baby especially Kolby. It looks like we are going to have another thumb sucking baby because we could see her sucking her thumb in the ultrasound. Everything looked good on the ultrasound, but the tech had a hard time getting a gender shot because the baby was curled up in a ball but she finally got one shot that confirmed we are having a girl! We are all really excited Brandon really wanted a girl, but I thought for certain we were having all boys. I am definitely excited for the new adventure of having a girl though.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you! You need to come over here and we need to make bows:)

Mackenzie said...

Fun!!! Congrats and good luck getting ready for a girl.

Alissa Empey said...

Yay :) Jayni is excited to have "girl" cousin!

Carrie Fowler said...

That is exciting! Congrats!